Why is Mohammed Migdaddy running for city council
Finding Inspiration in Every Turn
1. Why do you want to run for City Council?
People needs a real city councillor who understands their needs and I think I do.
2. Can you tell us about your past or current experiences that you think could possibly benefit/ translate to your position as a member of City Council?
✔️I have been living In McCauley neighbourhood with my wife and 4 children area fir 15 years.
✔️I have been operating pharmacies in downtown area (establisher, owners, clinical pharmacist, Manger)for more than 15 years.
3. What do you think are the 4 or 5 biggest issues facing Edmonton right now that you want to focus on most?
✔️Economy issue and recover after COVID pandemic .
✔️homelessness, substance use, and mental health.
✔️Social issue: affordable housing for seniors and low income people.
4. What do you think are some of the issues/struggles affecting your particular ward that you would like to focus on most?
5. What are some of the city/community initiatives that you loved and would like to expand upon?
✔️Infrastructure & Transit. Smart Transportation Action Plan.
✔️ City of Edmonton launches $300K grant program for community anti-racism projects.
6. What are some of the city/community initiatives that you are/were against, and what would you.
SafeCityYEG is a web-based mapping tool that allows Edmontonians to report where they feel unsafe or safe in their communities and why.
I think the city needs to address this matter seriously through participation of communities .
7. Do you think elected officials, such as City Councillors, should be able to block people on social media sites like Twitter?
No, people should the right to follow their public representative like city city councillors.
8. When it comes to COVID-19 restrictions, what do you think we got wrong (if anything) as a city or province, and is there anything you would want to do differently (municipally OR provincially)?
there is no doubt that COVID-19 pandemic effected every business especially small business .
I’m a small business owners in downtown area and I met with many restaurant owners and others who are thinking of closure of their business and the city didn’t handle this problem properly.
They could have given tax benefits for small business or grants.
9. What is your favourite thing about living in Edmonton?
I love my my family, I love people.
My kids born and grew up in Edmonton , we love this city , we love diversity, we love recreation.
10. Can you describe yourself in 5 words or less?
Hard working ,Love good people.
Mohammed Migdaddy has been living in Canada for 18 years and 15 years in Edmonton with his four children and has been operating pharmacies for 20 years